image from RobotJohnny.com>
The faux Chinese proverb kept echoing through my head this past week. The last two or three months of life might be considered very interesting by most people’s standards. I have alternately found myself at the heights of elation and the depths of depression over that period of time. Good stuff for afternoon soap operas but, not fun stuff to live through, I can tell you that.
It’s exhausting.
I’ve said it before, I don’t need a life of excitement, it isn’t something I seek out or crave. A life of excitement doesn’t necessarily infer one will be living a life of happiness, just one of drama.
Happiness, yes there’s something I crave, something I can never get enough of but, excitement, interesting times? No thanks.
Every bit of encouragement I receive, being in the company of friends, speaking to people I care about on the phone, getting some mundane task off my to-do list - just having a nice day - I am thankful for but more often than not, none of these things I find rewarding, joyful and satisfying could in any way be considered exciting.
Just something to remember the next time a bit of “excitement” comes your way... excitement is rarely a good thing and better left to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment